[DeTomaso] original block question

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:57:47 EDT 2009

There are a few parts that are "Pantera" specific, like the dampner pulley.
If you can store the block (or full motor) I suggest doing so.

Chuck

I have a new motor in my Pantera, and was told I should keep the old one in case someone
ever wants to buy the car and have the original motor included in the sale (for increased
resale value).

1) Is this a good idea, or because Panteras are so often modified anyway, is it a moot
point?

2) If it is a good idea to keep the original, can I sell all the parts except the block
and be OK, or are there other engine parts I need to keep so it will still be classified
as "the original engine?"

Thanks,

Chris