[DeTomaso] ZF Pumkin trick?

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Tue Jul 21 21:54:47 EDT 2009

Nolan, there is a secret and I'll let you in on it.  If you remove the allen
bolts that hold the differential together, it will split in two and you can
remove the assembly.  The challenge is to get those allen head bolts out
without stripping the heads.  I have opened many a ZF and have probably not
had to drill out a bolt head on one.  Use a very high quality 5mm allen and
be very careful on its alignment.

Good luck
JT