[DeTomaso] Booster talk

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Tue Jul 21 17:33:29 EDT 2009

Tomas Gunnarsson skrev:
> Yes, but it takes more than sleeving down the front part of the bore. You'd have to turn down the front part of the slave piston and sleeve down half the bore for that piston in order to get a change in pressure. I think you'd need a notably longer cylinder and piston combination to retain sufficient clearances to make the two circuits work with redundancy to failure in one circuit. I can look for it and we can take it apart together. Note that my cylinder is very early in case they changed during production.

Thanks.

I found a photo of a disassembled cylinder here:
http://www.brakecylinder.com/oddsandends.htm

Although it is a Bonaldi, it appears to be very similar, if not identical.

I guess a dual master setup with a balance bar is the simplest to get
working.

I also noticed that the GT5 use a cylinder with a larger bore (25mm)
than earlier cylinders (22 or 23 mm).

> Tomas

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21