[DeTomaso] Stalling

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Mon Jul 20 07:48:28 EDT 2009

Jet extensions on the secondaries may help; although, they are intended to
keep the jets immersed in fuel under acceleration.  I suppose they may help
under high braking.  Extensions are about one inch long and screw into the
threads where the main jets go; then, the main jets thread into them.  Under
acceleration when the fuel sloshes to the back of the float bowl. they help
ensure the jets remain in the puddle.

On second thought, assuming heavy braking moved the fuel in the float bowl
forward enough to expose the secondary's main jets to air, there still may
be adequate fuel in the circuit to contribute to the problem.

I have the extensions on my carb; however, I haven't tested with and without
under heavy braking.

JT