[DeTomaso] Drew Parts Stash/POCA member Superformance GT40s

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 19 00:05:32 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/18/09 13 26 41, melton008 at sbcglobal.net writes:

> And if you are interested in a sneak peak of the infamous Secret Parts
> Stash
>
> recently obtained by Mike Drew. photos are there too!

...and those photos should give a good indication as to why I haven't been
able to accomplish a full inventory yet.   There is a LOT of stuff there!

I should be home this by next weekend and will be home for the next two or
three weeks, so I'll get on it.

In the meantime, Daryl Adams, Kirby Shrader, Mike Trusty and I are having a
terrific time at Road America.   We have bumped into more than a half-dozen
other Pantera owners, some of them on the forum and/or POCA members and
others completely in the wilderness.   Friendly folks all!

Daryl's stroker 302-powered GT40 is blindingly fast.   Kirby's stroker
351-powered car is measurably faster.   Mike's all-aluminum, built-to-the-hilt
GT40 is borderline impossible to drive, it's so grossly overpowered.   The
fuel injection still needs a bunch of tweaking, but Desktop Dyno reports well
in excess of 700 hp.   I rode in the car, never seeing more than 3500 rpm or
so, but the car was on the verge of just going ballistic at that point (and
not necessarily in the direction it was pointed).   I honestly can't see
how he will ever be able to give that car more than 3/4 throttle.

It's a perfect Pantera motor, but arguably too much motor for a car that
weighs a full 1000 pounds less....

Great times!