[DeTomaso] Booster talk

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Sat Jul 18 14:16:40 EDT 2009

Giving it a new try...
---

MikeLDrew at aol.com skrev:
 > In a message dated 7/17/09 23 33 47, Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE writes:
 >

 >> It will still require a fair amount of pressure before it starts
reducing the pressure.

 > proportioning valve does just that--convert X amount of inlet
pressure into Y amount of outlet pressure.

There is a knee after which it begins to reduce the pressure. Initially
the output pressure is the same as the input pressure.

See:
http://www.tiltonracing.com/pdfs/98-1261_Prop_valves.pdf

 >>  It will have too much pressure on the fronts until that happens. I
want well balanced brakes throughout the entire range.

 > system where you got equal pressure until some threshold is reached
and then the pressure reduces from there.   You'd want the reduction to
be constant.
 >> Come to think of it, having the prop valve in the front cirquit is a
stupid idea. During hard braking you get weight shift to the front, and
what you need then is to reduce the force on the now lighter loaded
rears to avoid having them lock up.
 > by having increased pressure to the rears initially, then dropping
down to 'proper' balance.   You'd want them to be proper all the time.

Yes, but the harder you brake, the more weight is transfered to the
fronts, so you would want proportionally more brake up front then, which
is what you'd get with a prop valve in the rear cirquit.

 >> With the improperly balanced brakes of at least my car the fronts
will have locked up before you get to this point.
 > later than they do now (which is to say, the rear brakes would
contribute more to the total stopping cause).

 > Mike

Thomas