[DeTomaso] Booster talk

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 15:28:03 EDT 2009

Chris Difani and several of us are working on systems using big Porsche (made by Brembo) calipers.  We have looked at sizes for MCs and it's not black magic.  We should have two or more cars running around in the next two or three months, and can report on the results.

We are using dual MC pedal assemblies, and at least the Wilwood and Tilton assemblies use a standard MC.  They are available in 1/16 graduations from 5/8 to an inch or more, so there is plenty of room to get the right size.  I'm not sure that the bolt pattern is on the CNC Racing Pantera duel MC setup, I think CNC Brakes does NOT have a big selection of sizes.  Tilton, Wilwood, AP Racing etc, make a bunch of MCs with the same bolt patten.

Also, the stock pedal assembly (designed for boost) is about 5: 1 pedal ratio, and the aftermarket pedal assemblies (designed for NO boost) are typically 6.5:1.

And, I think the pads can make a big difference.

We will share what we learn with everyone.

Ken