[DeTomaso] corvette seats

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 17 14:49:12 EDT 2009

> You should call Gary Herrig, the price is close if not less and the
> coverings and pads would be new.

My thoughts exactly.

> Here's a leather set that looks really nice, can easily be dyed using
> spray. ebay. Item number: 190316056128

The dyes are a lot of work usually being a three step process of stripping, spraying and sealing and don't rely on the finished product looking anywhere as nice as new seat covers. I would not recommend trying to change the color using a dye as they tend to quickly show and crack where the leather creases (from experience). Unless you plan to recover a set of seats anyway the main thing is to be sure the leather is still supple and not weather hardened, which is often the case for a junker sat outside. Good replacement imitation leather seat covers can be had for as little as $200, real leather is obviously a lot more.

Personally, unless I found an exceptional complete pair of seats for sale at the right price I'd be more inclined to opt for a set of bases (like this ebay item # 160348992362) and purchase new pads and covers from one of the Vette resotarion vendors or just take all the hassle out of it and call Gary, he provides everything to your specification.

Julian