[DeTomaso] corvette seats

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 10:53:19 EDT 2009

I have seen the BMW seats in several cars, they look real nice and if you
are smaller they offer great bolsters on the sides.  They are also taller
than stock and require fabricated brackets.

the reason I went with C-4 seats was that the already replaced Stock seats
were also too tall for me ( I had those Maserati-ish looking overstuffed and
bunched leather replacements )

Although I'm only 5'11.5" tall, I have a longer torso and short inseam,
30".  The C-4 seats have very easy to remove springs which allowed me to
sink down into the seat and not whack my head against the ceiling on speed
bumps and/or wear a helmet when on track. (  Gary Herring made my seats, but
don't expect to get another set like mine, he swore those off after mine. )
There is always the option of a tall man kit, cutting the floor out and
welding in a wedge shaped tray to lower the base, but the reverse side of
that is that you add those 2-3" below the car and reduce ground clearance,
the last place I want to feel a low curb, driveway entrance or speed bump is
next to the family jewel container.

the C-4 seats are lightweight, comfortable and when supplied by Gary
Herring, cost effective replacements that look appropriate in the cars,
while IMHO, the multi featured Recaros look too modern for the car.  You can
also buy replacement pads and covers cheaply through Vett suppliers if you
can locate seats on your own.

Michael Shortt