[DeTomaso] Booster talk

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jul 16 23:05:01 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/16/09 10 59 47, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> If you use a dual-master with balance bar, you CANNOT use a booster-
> there
> just isn't room to mount it (except remotely); ideally you'd need one for
> each master anyway.

Dennis Quella sells a CNC dual master setup with balance bar and a single
standard power booster and has done so for years.   Bolts right in.

The guy who owns the Pantera I drove across Europe had that setup in his
car, but he's a weight savings fanatic and removed the booster and attached
the balance bar/master setup directly to the trunk wall to save a few pounds.
 Unfortunately his brakes stopped working as a result (which made my drive
rather more interesting than I would have liked).

Apparently by changing the master cylinder bore diameters it's possible to
get big brakes to work without a booster.   Geoff has gone through a couple
of different iterations without gaining proper braking performance back;
he's going to try one more time, and if that fails he'll give up and put the
booster back in. :>)