[DeTomaso] Booster talk

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jul 16 14:07:59 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/16/09 8:01:08 AM, richard at hitecheng.on.ca writes:

> The problem with aftermarket boosters is the mounting bolt pattern. The
> aftermarket boosters sold by the Pantera venders has the correct bolt
> pattern.

Correct- GM uses a symmetrical 4-stud pattern while DeTomaso uses a
triangular stud pattern, in which none of the studs match up to the GM. Precision
Pro-formance cuts the studs off a new booster, strips the assembly, welds new
studs on and reassembles the unit, then gold-alodines the result. Needless
to say, the welding must be done properly. Depending on your needs you may
also want to remove the stock GM keep-alive pressure valve (in the front
circuit only) since its non-adjustable, and use aftermarket ones. I don['t run
any such valves but thats a personal preference. Good luck- J Deryke