[DeTomaso] Progress on my project

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Jul 15 10:16:26 EDT 2009

Pressure tested the radiator after having attempted aluminum welding
some brackets on to hold the sucker fan assembly.  It appears to hold.
In addition, after a small series of discoveries and other attendant
mechanical fixes, I am now down to the following short list, delayed
mostly for receiving parts:

- Install heater fan switch (waiting for parts)
- Re-assemble and install steering column (waiting for parts)
- Complete cooling system re-design (waiting for parts)
- Install new starter (waiting for parts)
- Install radiator and re-wire fans to rear (instead of front)
- Re-assemble and install Ammeter
- Install bulkhead reduction kit

Optionally
- Swap to the Hall headers
- Gut the mufflers (waiting for an article from Mike Drew on this, or I
might reference the one on Pantera Place)
- Install Roll Cage.

Seems like I can see light at the end of the tunnel.
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA