[DeTomaso] water injection

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 15 08:38:12 EDT 2009

I put a 215 buick engine in an MGB years ago. I had a cracker box carb on it...AFB  I had the hood off while it was having a naked lady air brushed on ot and it started raining. I just knew I was going to ruin the engine. To my suprise it started running cooler, stronger. I did a little reserch and found an injection unit from JC Whitney.  It had a few interlocks to keep it from coming on when starting etc. It worked great too.  Have you ever seen the top of a piston where the head gasket lets water to the cumbustion chamber..?  Perfect clean. Mine had a nozzle like the frog eye of a windshield washer.  I always had cooling problems with my setup until I used the water injection.  It petered out and I gave up on the 215 because of oil pressuer problems.  The car smelled like a sauna!   Bill 1362