[DeTomaso] Heater blower motor (3 speed specifically)

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Tue Jul 14 12:41:14 EDT 2009

Tomas,

I must correct myself. I have never had one of these motors apart,  but I
am quite sure these are not permanent magnet motors as I  stated.

The field windings, which will be attached to the motor case are in  three
sections which are connected in series. The armature will have a single
winding, since it will be fed thru two brushes. The three field windings and
the  armature winding are connected in series

The flow of current for the slowest speed should be as follows:  from power
in thru all three field windings then thru the armature  winding and out to
the common wire. This will produce the weakest magnetic  field, the least
armature current, and result in the slowest motor speed. The  filed is the
weakest because less current will flow when it must go thru the  three field
windings in series.

The flow of current for the medium speed should be: from power in  thru two
of the field windings and then thru the armature winding. This will
produce a stronger magnetic field, a higher armature current, and a higher  motor
speed.

The flow of current for the high speed should be: from power in  thru a
single field winding and then thru the armature winding. This will  produce the
strongest magnetic field, the highest armature current, and the  fastest
motor speed.

More than you ever wanted to know.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor