[DeTomaso] twin turbo pantera on ebay

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 13 20:55:23 EDT 2009

That looks like an old  Lance Nist turbo installation.  Wilkinson had
Lance do some of that work for him as I remember.  I know Lance did
Wilkinson's  personal twin turbo Pantera setup in 1974 or 5.   What sold
me on my original turbo setup that I had Lance do in 1976 was taking a
ride in Wilkinson's Pantera late one night after I had met with Roy
Butfoy to discuss fixing my ZF.  Many of Lance's original turbo setups
did not have any form of intercooling.

Myron, I've got to believe the comment you made in reference to the twin
turbo car, you meant that without some "form of inercooling"  you
couldn't have a well designed turbo setup.  Valid statement and to the
point.  However, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

With the combined methanol injection and a mall shot of nitrous on the
front side of my turbos acting as my "intercooler:" system, the engine
runs just fine on pump gas at up to 16psi, with no knock and no
overheating, putting out in the neighborhood of 800 hp.
<http://www.panteraplace.com/Tech%20Info/KochWWA3.JPG>

Dick Koch - Atlanta