[DeTomaso] Heater blower motor

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Mon Jul 13 17:38:00 EDT 2009

The Ford parts book shows complete heater/AC assemblies:

D16Y-19850-C for both 1rst and 2nd series up to # 1910. (all the cars with 3
defroster vents)

D16Y-19850-D for #1910 to 5284 (1971-73 with 2 defrost vents)except for #
4974-4978, 4986-5209 & #5218.
This is what my 72 pre-L came with and there is NO provision for ANY fresh
air inlet into the interior or the heater/AC unit !!!! none at all.

D36Y-19850-A 73-74 for #5284 to body service #52041. Also used on the #
4974-4978, 4986-5209 & #5218.
I don't know if these cars came with fresh air or not, but maybe someone who
has one in that series will comment.

D46Y-19850-A 1974 from body service #52041 to the end of the Ford/Mercury
Pantera program. These have a fresh air intake to the heater/AC unit.

Barry

----

The Euro parts catalogue lists one type of heater system for cars up to
#1285, one for #1286 and up and one from car #1910 and up. The first two
seem to have fresh air into the heater box, the third doesn't have it. That
means that there's at least one more version that has the external fresh air
ducting to the passenger side fan intake. The wide body cars have a
completely different control panel and vacuum assisted controls, I assume
they have a more or less different heater assembly too.

Tomas