[DeTomaso] Heater blower motor

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 16:20:55 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/13/09 13 13 24, guson at home.se writes:

> The Euro parts catalogue lists one type of heater system for cars up to
> #1285, one for #1286 and up and one from car #1910 and up.
>
>>>I found out the hard way that the three-speed motor will NOT work in the
first series cars; Stephane Bergeron tried to put one in #1256 with no
luck.   Fortunately he was able to sell it to Roger Coates, who (I believe)
successfully installed it in his GT5-S.

> The first two seem to have fresh air into the heater box, the third
> doesn't have it. That means that there's at least one more version that has the
> external fresh air ducting to the passenger side fan intake.
>
>>>The early cars ducted the air to the center of the airbox, controlled
with one of the three levers on the dash.   The USA-modified 'pull for fresh
air' cars, I can't remember where their air comes in?   Then there was no
fresh air induction for awhile, and then in mid-'73, air was ducted from the
right side of the car above the passenger' feet, into the right side of the
fan intake, with a box hung on the side of the heater box.

> The wide body cars have a completely different control panel and vacuum
> assisted controls, I assume they have a more or less different heater
> assembly too.
>
>>>That's a pretty safe bet--the later cars used the unit straight out of
contemporary Maseratis.