[DeTomaso] Blue smoke

forestg at att.net forestg at att.net
Mon Jul 13 12:20:02 EDT 2009

 At the risk of being told I'm stupid again I will say that it could be one of three things. The first would be an intake gasket not sealed across the bottom of # 4 intake port, the second would be a valve guide seal issue and the third would be a ring problem on #
4 cylinder. A leakdown test will quickly verify a ring problem. The only way to verify intake seal is to pull the manifold and do a visual inspection. A visual inspection of the intake valve spring may or may not show a guide problem depending on what could be wrong.
Good luck,
Forest

  -------------- Original message from "Will Demelo" <wdemelo at cogeco.ca>: --------------