[DeTomaso] No parts inventory today....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 02:58:21 EDT 2009

P.S.   I will say that my parts stash did make itself known on more than
one occasion.

The car was equipped with one of those made-in-China "De Tomaso" clutch
master cylinders; the reservoir is rather generic and the threads didn't match
my pressure bleeder adapter which is set up for stock masters.

So I dove into one of the parts rooms (I now have two bedrooms of my house
completely dedicated to storing Pantera parts!) and came up with a used M/C
with an excellent reservoir; a bit of presto-chango and it was installed on
the unit in the car.   (I also have at least 2-3 brand new reservoirs in the
original Ford boxes, but in this instance a good used one was more than
adequate).

Late in the afternoon I noted that this 1971 Pantera was still equipped
with a half-height quarter panel splash shield, and as always happens, rust was
starting to appear in the front of the left quarter panel as a result.   By
coincidence, from my parts stash I had a brand new late-style quarter panel
splash shield, part number D26Y 6328371A, "Shield, Quarter Panel Splash",
still in the original box, invoiced to Joe Kerley L-M on 9/06/78.   A deal
was done on the spot and the thing was installed (and there's a funny story
there I'll tell later sometime).

Interestingly, these beasties are pretty expensive; Wilkinson's site shows
a price of $220.19!   For a splash shield?   Needless to say, Lori got a
*much* better deal than that!

Okay, time for bed!