[DeTomaso] Stack Filters and cool air

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Jul 11 15:23:13 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/11/09 7:54:46 AM, JJD1010 at aol.com writes:

> The trick set up for street racers is a methanol injection system to
> lower the heat content in the charge. A corvette here in Dallas with a
> supercharger  recorded a 50-60 degree drop in temp when the methane injectors came
> on.

..... and likely a substantial power boost too. Water injection used to be
popular for this but required methanol in the water as an anti-freeze in
winter. There were other problems with water injection, too- and I found most
of them but never tried straight alcohol. Smart too late again.... Thanks- J
Deryke