[DeTomaso] Notes from Asa Jay's garage

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Jul 11 15:16:47 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/10/09 10:05:31 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:
snip.....
> - I can't get the heater valve removed.  It seems stuck tight to the
> fitting.  I'm afraid of breaking the copper tubing that disappears into the
> heater box.  Advice?

Can you back-up the wrench on the valve so ALL the applied torque is taken
up in a second wrench on the heater line nut? 'Cause if not, the line WILL
crack, forcing the removal of the dash, heater box and heater/A/C cores
before you can replace or repair it. If its that tight, you may want to either
leave it alone and wait for expert help, or try rebuilding the valve in-place
(which can be done if you're flexible enough and have the required tiny
o-ring). I can't think of another reason to remove the valve. Good luck- J
Deryke