[DeTomaso] Stack Filters and cool air

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat Jul 11 06:10:18 EDT 2009

Will,

I don't quite understand your plan with the plenum and heat barrier but to me the problem is the hot air flow past the engine to the filters. If you remove the quarter windows and make a new solid engine screen that seals around all its edges and around whatever level of the throttle bodies or velocity stacks that pokes through it I'm sure you'll see a significant gain in intake air temp as long as all of the filter is above the screen. Another benefit is that the intake air will be much cleaner. How this might affect airflow around the deck lid is another question.

Tomas