[DeTomaso] Stack Filters and cool air

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Fri Jul 10 20:32:54 EDT 2009

Ok guys, this is what I'm thinkin......
I need filters for my stacks. I don't want to run open stacks so I'm considering K&N RC-1200 conical filter they are 3 1/2" at the base and 4" tall. the link below shows the exact set-up.
I'm worried about restriction. The filters will cost me $400 so I have to make sure.
Does that look corny?? Be honest.
My plans are to create an isolating plenum below the filters to reduce the heat going into the stacks. I laptop is telling me the intake temp is 169*f at idle and 162*f at hiway speed.
I'm going to put heat barrier under the plenum to hopefully reduce the heat rising. I'll remove the quarter glass to introduce cool air.The plenum will extend rearward by about 4" so it is under the decklid and I'll use foam under the deck to create a seal against the plenum.
What do you think??
Will

http://www.panteraplace.com/Pantera%20Pics/Meredith%203.JPG