[DeTomaso] The thrashed Pandora is back home.

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 14:35:25 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 1:44 AM, Christopher
Kimball<chrisvkimball at msn.com> wrote:

> The good news is the Pantera drove on to the trailer under it's own power.  The bad news is, somehow the mechanic totally jammed the rear deck down on something, bending the top of the deck (where it meets the roof), causing dimples along that same portion, where the hinges attach, chipping the paint all along the leading edge and the corresponding roof line, and rippling the roof a little, too, where the deck lid was forced against it.
>
> The deck hinges are tweaked out of alignment,

I'm wondering if all this happened during removal and it's taken so
much time and anguish because the mechanic didn't know how to make it
right without going down the hole for it.  It's  a delicate procedure,
and if you don't have a couple of people helping it can get out of
hand in a hurry.  A imbalanced crane, or a bozo that doesn't know to
take the deck lid off until the middle of engine removal, or
forgetting to remove a mount bolt or distributor or even a ground
strap.  Any number or one of these can result in the damage you've
incurred.  There's a lot of weight between the engine/ZF and body and
it's not pleasant to see them fight.

The mechanic probably isn't on drugs.  Just a drunk that thought he
could do it himself in a weekend.  Big mistake that he should
definitely pay for handsomely.

I'm very relieved you got your car back!

sean