[DeTomaso] Velocity Air Cleaners

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 10 00:10:34 EDT 2009

The EFI filters mount to the top of the velocity stacks.

The Weber filters screw to the top of the webers.  It's supposed to keep the pressure differential for the air bleeds the same as everything inside the stacks - fuel - anything else?.  So, for example, if the filter gets dirty, it doesn't cause a problem with a/f ratios.  I'm not convinced this is an issue with K/N filters, but you never know.  K/N filters aren't much more than a fine wire screen.

A more convincing argument is that you should filter the air going to the air bleeds.  If you put filters on the stacks, the air bleeds suck through a screen - not a filter.  To be honest, I don't think that matters that much either.  The mesh on the screen is pretty small - probably much smaller than the bleeds.  The worst thing is it might get dirty - and once again impact the a/f ratios.

I think my filters were made by Hall.  They look similar to the link you posted, but the bottom plate is machined to fit the tops of the Webers.

Will D - if you want the individual stack look, I really like the tea-strainer solution.  It looks pretty awesome.  I don't like the individual k/n filter look.  It doesn't look right.  The oval plexiglass filters look pretty awesome too.