[DeTomaso] ZF repair manual/ ZF rebuild

Kjetil Finne kjetfinn at online.no
Thu Jul 9 15:52:49 EDT 2009

The play in the trans axle was not as bad as I thought. I was down in
the garage and checked exactly how much slack there is.
The car can go back and forth about 2 inches while in gear. It is not a
lot, but those two inches off play can be quite annoying when driving
without resistance. (Flat ground low speed)
You kind off getting this rocking motion when driving. This is why I
want to eliminate as much play as possible
So guys, how much can you "rock" your cars?

And btw:
My differential is not locking at all when turning the wheels in
opposite directions. But I hear so much conflicting info about how to
check the lsd on the Pantera.
I have a Porsche G50-52 gearbox in the garage. On that trans, you would
have to apply a lot off force to get the drive flanges to go in
different directions.

Kjetil