[DeTomaso] Techno question: it is the starter gremlin again

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Thu Jul 9 08:56:26 EDT 2009

Chuck,

Where did you mount your ground cable? I put mine between one of the starter studs and what I believe is the mounting point for the water tube from the swirl tank, a welded nut on the lower chassis profile next to the engine mount, to which I also mounted the rear mounted battery ground cable. I too have the 50 buck DB starter and have had no hot starting problems yet (installed last year in May). I firmly believe that this beats grounding the transaxle at the rear (which I also have BTW). In the process I removed the old engine ground strap which was attached to the alternator mount IIRC. I also installed a ground strap between the alternator housing and the closest stud for the electrical panel on the firewall.

Tomas