[DeTomaso] Wipers

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jul 9 04:34:27 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/8/09 22 00 18, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> Not sure when the left side park switched to right side, but 6328 is
> supposed to park down to the right.
>
> Trouble is, after I put the new wiper motor in, they want to park in the
> up
> position.  Would that be an issue of wiring at the switch, or in the
> motor?

It's a problem of having the wrong motor!

The right-hand-park wipers used a completely different motor, with a
different gearbox.   If you replaced your RH park motor with a LH park motor, the
electrical connections will plug right in, but your wipers will operate
backwards and will park in the 'up' position.

I have a mint condition RH park wiper motor/gearbox/drive spring in my
parts stash.   If you want it, I'd be happy to trade you straight across for
your LH park motor assuming it's otherwise functional?

(I also have at least 2-3 LH park setups, I think).