[DeTomaso] ZF repair manual/ ZF rebuild

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Thu Jul 9 01:47:55 EDT 2009

Tomas Gunnarsson skrev:
> Kjetil,
>
> Exactly how much rocking are we talking about? The engine doesn't stop the input shaft that instantly. You're seeing the combined plays of driveshaft slip joints, crown wheel, LSD mechanism, gear shafts, clutch splines, you get the picture. A better test would be jacking up the car and moving the wheels by hand. The LSD isn't preloaded so if it's not locking there must be serious wear of the friction plates.

I don't think you can reliably check the LSD operation with the wheels
in the air. It appears it needs some load to engage. At least mine does,
and it appears to work just fine in normal operation. When you turn the
wheels by hand it acts just as a plain old non-LSD.

> Tomas

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21