[DeTomaso] headlight motor

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jul 9 01:46:48 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/8/09 5:38:35 PM, LEVITT1946 at aol.com writes:

> I have been told that an otc jaguar motor will fit into the pantera
> .Does anyone know what year jag or part # this headlight motor is ?

I suspect confusion in translation somewhere. A Jaguar WIPER motor will
indeed work as a Pantera WIPER motor, but even that requires some minor
adaption (the Jag motor is a 3-wire while the Pantera is a 2-wire). But in my
experience, wiper motors very rarely fail.
To your problem: IMHO, the stock Pantera headlight motor (same as the
window lift motors) truely isn't worth much fooling around with, unless the
trouble is simply the plastic gear splitting. A Taurus window lift motor assembly
will work better, faster and is cheaper, for headlights and window lifting.
Your POCA newsletter published such an adaption recently by Bill Taylor,
and there are others who have written of such adaptions on certain web pages.
Details of your problem?   Cheers- J Deryke