[DeTomaso] Reno track length

Matt matt at nwpantera.com
Wed Jul 8 23:47:03 EDT 2009

Hi gang,
I had somebody ask me how long the Reno-Fernley track was and I didn't know. Anybody?
I went out on the Thursday lunch time run and had a blast. Even though the pace was slow but "safe" I did get a few hot laps in after letting the others get a ways ahead of me. Let's just say I felt I got my $20 worth! Bad me...
As I had never really taken my car on a real track I was taken back how nice our cars really can handle when pushed a little.
Even with 37 year old bushings and shocks the car did pretty good IMHO. I never felt out of control or unsafe even at speed. As it was our ride home back to Seattle I didn't want to press my luck though. It could only get better with a few upgrades,which I plan on before next years ride.
I will say to those that have never driven their car on a track to jump on the chance next year. You will not regret it as it really makes you appreciate your car for what it was designed to do.
I do plan on doing the newbie special in 2010 in the "C" class.
What would be a good source of info for what myself and the car would require?

Thanks,
Matt(got the bug)Wells
3584