[DeTomaso] Update on overheating issues

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:05:38 EDT 2009

Re:  Air Pockets

     In a previous life, we owned a dude-ranch, outside of Houston.  We had a C.P Huntington train, like many larger amusement parks have.  During one of our rehabs of the train, we developed an over-heating problem, and tried everything, including calling mechanic friends, and calling Chance Mfg., the maker of the train.

     We finally solved the problem by turning on the engine, sticking a water hose in the radiator inlet, and just let nature take its course.  After about 15 minutes (I wish I could embellish the story about a loud, long burp - but nothing happened), we quit, and the engine never overheated again.  Apparently, like a baby's grin, it had a "gas" problem.  I think I have told the group before that the engine in the train was a 4-cylinder Ford tractor engine.

----Bill Lewis