[DeTomaso] Oil temp sending unit

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 08:48:37 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I never pay attention to these things unless I can see it affecting me. I
know it's been discussed in the past, but what do I need to replace the oil
temp sending unit?

I've discovered the source of my oil leak - it's either coming around or
through my oil temp sending unit, as installed in the oil pan. It was giving
me flaky readings last time I had the car out, so I suspect it may be
beginning to fail mechanically as well.

I also remember reading that teflon is NOT recommended for this application?
What do I need to keep it from leaking?

Thanks!

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>