[DeTomaso] Inflatable Spare

Kerry Maguire kmaguire at landrovermiramar.com
Tue Jul 7 00:08:49 EDT 2009

One thing that I never considered doing is putting the inflatable spare on my car.

That problem is what State Farm roadside assistance is paid to handle.

Anyway, the inflatable spare is sitting in my garage cabinet. If I needed it, the car would be miles away from it, so it is nothing more then a dust gathering boat anchor.

Regards,

Kerry M. Maguire #5606

Are those inflatable spares of any use on cars with modern(ish) wheels
and tires?
It looks like the rolling height would be about 19".
That's 5" less than my fronts, so I'm not sure it would even be on the
ground.
It's 6 1/2" less than the rears and I imagine that would eat up a
limited slip in a hurry.
I'll be putting it into my "swap it" pile if that's all true.
tks
dave