[DeTomaso] Fwd: gauges that fog during use

William Suarez duz185 at ori.net
Mon Jul 6 07:54:56 EDT 2009

I had a similar experience recently. I live in Indianapolis so we do see pretty high humidity in the summer.
I bought the car in 2006 and kept it in my garage, to which I had added a supply duct from my house furnace,
so although the garage wasn't climate controlled, it had some cooling in the summer. It never had any
moisture in the gauges in the three years I've owned it. In April of this year we put our house on the
market and I moved the car into a temporary storage unit without any cooling. It sat there for two and a
half months, the last two weeks of which were pretty hot and humid. I took the car out for a drive a few
weeks ago, and saw that the gauges got foggier and foggier the further I drove. I had no lights on and I
don't have working AC yet, all I had on was the fan.

We purchased a new house a month ago and I moved the car to my new garage a couple of weeks ago. The new
garage is climate controlled with a dedicated furnace. After letting the car sit there for two weeks, I took
it out for a drive yesterday, and no more moisture in the gauges!

-William #3331