[DeTomaso] Looking for parts

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 5 18:38:08 EDT 2009

AJ,

You wrote:

Can we get some photos of this -correct- way?  I'm not sure now if I
have all the proper hardware, as mine too have stretched (to the point
of breaking in one case).

>>>The Wilkinson site lists all the proper hardware.  At both the top
and the bottom, you have Muffler Support Brackets:

http://www.panterapartsusa.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?prod_id=10027a

These don't grip the rubber hangar directly.  Instead, there are a pair
of steel retainers on each end (four in total) that go between the
bracket and the rubber hangar:

http://www.panterapartsusa.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?prod_id=10011a

And inside the rubber hanger are a pair of steel sleeves to keep it
from crushing:

http://www.panterapartsusa.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?prod_id=10014a

> I'll look more closely at the headers I have
to determine what kind of gasket will work best, and perhaps use that
junction to better align where the hanger should go.