[DeTomaso] Pantera Jeep

gpd4 gpd4 at juno.com
Sat Jul 4 15:33:42 EDT 2009

Go on Craigslist where you can buy tools pennies on the dollar.  Over the
years I have bought many complete tool sets ranging from $1,000 to
$20,000, all from (former, for varied reasons) mechanics that wanted to
sell.  Since a big tool box (empty) from Snap-On or Mac is now over $10K,
it does not take long to spend many times that buying tools one at a
time.  And definitely buy quality for the items that you will use
regularly.  Harbor Freight quality is fine for the tools that you may
only use once.
GPD4

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 17:58:36 +0000 Bill Lewis <lotus0005 at hotmail.com>
writes:

> OK, now that I have your attention!
>
> I am not a mechanic.  I own 24 screwdrivers, 3 hammers, several
> wire-cutter pliers, and a barb-wire repair tool.
>
> I have just bought a 1959 Jeep station wagon, that I want to fix up.
>  Me, myself.  I have a new garage area, so I have plenty of room.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1.  I need to buy a bunch of tools.  I'm going to stick with Sears
> Craftsman - you can buy them anywhere.  Lifetime guarantee.  I'm no
> "keep up with the Jones" mechanic.  What recommendations do you
> have?  Anyone know of a Craftsman "set" that is perfect for me?  Or,
> just start buying!
>
> 2.  Recommendations on how to do the process, as far as keeping
> track of parts.  I had planned on using baggies, markers, maybe
> photos, etc.  But, I'm sure that plenty of you have been down this
> path and have lots of ideas.  Then it dawned on me that I may have a
> tracking book for one part of the project (re-doing the window
> raises, for instance), and then on the same day, I might work on the
> front winch (Jeep, remember).  So, it can't be in a spiral-type
> book.
>
> Thanks, Bill (an excited 68-year old man) Lewis
>
> P.S.  BTW, the Jeep was a one-owner from Colorado.  Trailered it
> home last night.

> Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®.

http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tut
orial_QuickAdd_062009