[DeTomaso] headlights work but buckets to not raise up

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 03:18:16 EDT 2009

What you need to do is remove the wire from the limit switch that lowers the
head lights  BEFORE you crank them up. This will prevent them from going
down again when you turn off the lights. I had the same problem and I got
the Pantera electronics headlight controller. It does away with the
antiquated relay and has led's that show you the status of all your light
circuits. (it also isolates your headlights from the ignition circuit like
Mikes wiring plan  Mosley kit. The difference is that this is a much more
modern approach using solid state electronics and computer chips. It also
does not turn on your lights until the doors are all the way open which
saves on electrical draw ( something neither other solution does) It may be
as simple as a loose wire or it is often the result of one of the two limit
switches having gone bad. In any case it should be relatively easy to
diagnose. If you would like to bring the car over I will be glad to help you
sort it out. I have done it and converted my car to the Pantera electronics
headlight controller so I am very familiar with the system.It can be very
confusing because the motor raises and lowers the headlight buckets by
changing the polarity of the headlight motor through the use of the
headlight limit switches. I am home almost all the time due to my leg so
just let me know if and when you would like to come over. You can also help
me  by starting my car and pulling it out of my garage for me. I have been
unable to get into the garage or my car in a month.
Boyd