[DeTomaso] Starter Studs

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jul 4 02:03:30 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/3/09 22 52 54, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Did you figure out the studs needed for the starter?  I test fit mine
> today and the studs are just a wee bit short.  I could probably get a
> nut on, but without a lock washer.  With a lock washer, I'll be on just
> a thread or two.
>
> Did you figure out the best choices?  (sorry if I've not paid a lot of
> attention, got beat up by a Mad Dog so I've been hiding my tail in the
> garage the last couple of days.)  :)

Larry Finch sent me the specs for his stock stud:

====

M10 x 1.5

The stock stud now in my hand is an overall length of 35mm.

One end has about 9 mm of threads.

Other end has about 17mm of threads

Center  section is about 9mm.

New one needs to be longer.

====

There you go.   What Larry failed to tell me is WHICH end that is the end
that the starter fits over, versus the end that goes into the bellhousing.
For the end that the starter goes over is the end that has to be longer.

Can you confirm?