[DeTomaso] DB starter direct link?

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 12:23:53 EDT 2009

I had a similar experience when I was shopping for my Hella projectors. The
vendors had the Hellas for sale on Amazon.com and they had them for sale on
their own web page. Their was a s ubstantial difference between the price on
their own web page and the Amazon page. I know from experience Amazon.com
and E-Bay have both started a policy of allowing vendors to list their
products at no upfront cost, but they have raised their commission for items
sold substantially. That would easily explain the difference in cost to the
consumer (us). When they say their "bottom line" they probably are quoting
their bottom line PLUS the commission they are being charged by either E-bay
or Amazon.com. So it they have their own web site or their is a way to deal
with them directly I certainly would recommend checking it out before
ordering. I didn't have the same experience of the charm added by the local
colloquialism's and  small town charm ( which I am not knocking) and having
lived and worked in both large metropolitan areas and very small rural
enclaves I will be the first to acknowledge ( or in this particular case the
second) that the friendliness, honesty and charm I have found in just about
every small town I have experienced
 is  reality and not an Urban legend ( or in this case a "Rural legend") And
I am not qualifying this statement by saying it has to be a southern or
south eastern or western town. I have found the same level of friendliness
and "fair dealing " all over rural America and Canada too!

I will take it a step furthur and say that in my expieriences most "old
wives tales"  Not just this one this one "people are friendlier in rural
areas ( even to strangers and yankess ) have survived all of these years
because they contain an element of truth .

Boyd