[DeTomaso] Electric Murphy

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jul 2 20:52:20 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/2/09 14 03 4, joernco at online.no writes:

> Anyone??

My guess is that you have a problem with the power circuit wire (powering
the ignition) from the 'start' position on the ignition switch.

When the key is in the 'run' position, the engine runs fine.

When the key is in the 'start' position, the starter turns over, but there
is no ignition so the engine doesn't actually start.

What may have been happening before is that you turned the key to the
'start' position, the starter turned the engine over, but it didn't start, and
then when you released the key to the 'run' position, it had just enough
rotational energy to start the motor.

Although the problem could be with the electrical portion of your ignition
switch, my first check would be the electrical connector which connects the
switch wires to the main wiring harness.

Just a guess.   Let us know what you find out!

Mike (who has been push-starting or remote-starting one of his Sciroccos
for TWO YEARS because of a similar problem!!!!!)