[DeTomaso] Electric Murphy

www.DeTomasoRegistry.org Pantera007 at provamo.com
Thu Jul 2 17:14:47 EDT 2009

Jørn Olsen,

I don't know the specific wiring on your car but...

When a car starts/runs when the key is in one position (start), but different
(or not at all) when in the "run" position the difference between these two
circuits is the ballast resistor wiring.

So if you have tested/checked -> ALL <- the other wiring and grounds,
I would suggest next looking at the ballast resistor/wiring.
MSD does not need a ballast resistor.

MSD wiring diagram/details can be found on my website.

www.ProvaMo.com

Chuck Melton

Hi all!

I need some good advice now!

This spring my car started to act strange when I should start it!

It wouldn`t fire on the key when it was cold, but it ran fine on the starter
.

When hot it fired right away.

Now it won`t fire either cold or hot but still runs fine on the starter.

Sometimes it fires  but mostly not.

When I push start it the car fires at once.

Have tried a new battery, new MSD6 ingnition box.

Checked cables and connections.

Have put on an extra ground cable to the MSD6 box.

Messured 10V into the MSD6 when I run it on the starter.

Anyone??

J.C.Olsen

Norway