[DeTomaso] DB starter direct link?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jul 2 10:56:23 EDT 2009

Dudes,

I just phoned and ordered the starter.   Actually, I ordered another one
for myself, just because.

I have to say that if you are even remotely considering one of these
starters, you simply must telephone them rather than order them on the internet,
for two distinct reasons.

The price on the internet is $49.95.   When I phoned, I asked if there was
any discount for buying more than one at a time, and the fellow told me no,
the price on the internet is already at at rock-bottom, and they're not
making much profit on each starter as it is.   He then told me that the price on
the internet was $43.95 each.

Must be looking at a different internet than I am. :>)

(Quite possible really--they have a website, and an E-bay store, and 'buy
it now' auctions, and it's likely that their prices aren't consistent from
one place to another).

But the other reason to call versus ordering online, equally compelling, is
because they are located in what appears to be the very most backwoodsian
part of Tennessee.   The fellow that answered the phone was a super-nice guy
who sounded *exactly* like Goober from The Andy Griffith Show. :>)

America is filled with a rich variety of English dialects, and few are as
charming and wholesome to me as that of the Tennessee mountains.   You can
just imagine smiling, friendly, good-natured people when you hear that form of
speech.

Made my day. :>)