[DeTomaso] Pandora D day

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Thu Jul 2 01:11:34 EDT 2009

On Monday I told the engine builder I wanted the car delivered to my house Thursday (tomorrow) in pieces or together, I didn't care, I just wanted my car back.  He became indignant and said he had no way to go and get it.  I told him to rent a truck.

Knowing the chances of anything like that happening were slim to none, I contacted another PNW member, Jeff, who is a great guy, and no stranger to my car.  He assisted me and a couple of other PNW members (they did almost all the work, actually) in doing a lot on the Pantera.  Jeff has a trailer and a truck and agreed to help me retrieve the pieces of my car.  The Auburn Police said they can easily do a "civil standby" whereby they send an officer to the location to watch over the proceedings.

I'm going to contact a couple of other PNW guys to see if we can have at least four of us show up at the garage to get the car.  I'm hoping for a weeknight next week, but first I have to travel back out to the location to contact the owner of the house whose garage the mechanic is renting.  I need to be sure she'll be home to let us in, in case the mechanic is a no-show (d'ya think?).

I tried to call the mechanic tonight to check in, but of course, he didn't answer and his voice mail is, again, you guessed it--full.

As soon as I figure out the exact day and time, I'll try to call the mechanic again to let him know, and the engine builder, too, since I probably won't be able to reach the mechanic.

Then I'll hold my breath and cross my fingers until this stupid ordeal is over.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Chris