[DeTomaso] Questions on the Rick Moseley relay kit

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 1 21:16:26 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/1/09 9 55 43, doug at silicondesigns.com writes:

> I don't have a diagram for Rick's kit but your statement above implies
> that
> Rick's kit doesn't solve the "fan current through the ignition switch"
> problem.  Does it?

I believe it does.   It has four relays--one each for high beams and low
beams, and one to trigger the fan relays.   I don't know how that last relay
actually works.   I don't think that the actual power for the fan motors is
routed through Rick's relay.   I believe that the relay is actually used to
connect the ground for each of the fan relays.   Turn off the key, Rick's
relay opens up, interrupts the ground to the fan relays, the fan relays open
up, and the fans stop spinning.