[DeTomaso] (no subject)

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:14:31 EDT 2009

The first thing you need to do if you want to remove your ammeter is to take
the two leads (they are big fat heavy guage wire) and get a small nut and
bolt and washers and bolt the two terminals to gether. Then You need to
insulate the hell out of them. Either get some fat shrink tubing big enough
to cover the nut and bolt or allot of electrical tape. If you install a volt
meter it is really very simple. You run a hot lead from one of your ignition
switched wires and run it to the positive terminal ( it should be marked +)
and than ground the negative terminal. The you attach the wire that went to
the bulb on your ammeter and attach it to the hot lead on your voltmeter
light bulb and attach the guage light ground to any available ground. I
personally don't think the ammeter is a waste . It will always show wetehr
or not you electrical system is charging. A voltmeter can look like
everything is okay if you are not paying attention. Your car can run off the
battery for just long enough for you to get stuck
somewhere. MSD makes a dual sweep guage that is both an ammeter and a
voltmeter. I may have a spare volt meter if you want one.Let me know. You
can come over and I will help you install it and remove the ammeter if you
like.

Boyd