[DeTomaso] Oil Numbers

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Wed Jul 1 16:37:25 EDT 2009

Which brings up an interesting question.  For those of us hicks who
tend to build our -own- engines.... how do I know what oil is best to
use with what clearances?  If rebuild an engine to factory specs
(clearances), then I would assume the factory recommended oil.

But, what if I want to run a synthetic?  How does that change the
clearances influencing oil grades?

I'm dumb on these things... that's why I ask all the questions.  :)

Asa Jay

Quoting JDeRyke at aol.com: