[DeTomaso] Oil Numbers

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jul 1 15:04:41 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/1/09 9:46:32 AM, teampantera at yahoo.com writes:

> I think the time to discuss engine clearances and what oil to use with
> your engine builder is BEFORE you put oil in a new engine....especially if he
> is providing an engine warranty....

Absolutely correct. For example, an engine clearanced for 5W20 synthetic is
not going to last long with 20W50 dino oil, and the other way around won't
work either. Go with the builder's recommendation. No one else knows exactly
what's in your engine- and if he doesn't have a specific recommendation,
find another engine builder.   My 2¢- J Deryke