[DeTomaso] Vintage Tyres Summer '09 - Everything from 17R400 H Van Tyres to The Stig!

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 1 12:51:54 EDT 2009

List is going to strip attachment but if you are looking for vintage 15" tires still check out this English site

<www.vintagetyres.com>

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Vintage Tyres <sales at vintagetyres.com>
To: "TeamPantera at yahoo.com" <TeamPantera at yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 7:59:14 AM
Subject: Vintage Tyres Summer '09 - Everything from 17R400 H Van Tyres to The Stig!

Vintage Tyre Supplies - Email Marketing Campaign

Vintage Tyres Summer '09 Newsletter - everything from 17R400 H Van Tyres, to "The Stig", and from our Morris Commercial to a Competition Sidecar Outfit!

tel: +44 (0)1590 612261 fax: +44 (0)1590 612722

Vintage Tyres' Summer 2009 Newsletter
- more New Tyres, New Shows and er.. Old Cars!

17R400 TYRES FINALLY AVAILABLE!
Owners of the ubiquitous French Citroen H van  have had a difficult time over the last few years sourcing their unusual metric sized tyres, so they will be pleased to learn that we have been working closely with Vredestein the well known Dutch tyre manufacturer, with the aim of reintroducing them.
The 17R400 Vredestein Classic is now available from stock at £117 + tax and is the only tyre currently available for these important classic vehicles that combines the correct size and load capacity, confirming Vredestein's commitment to the classic motoring scene.  Inkeeping with our objectives to maintain the supply of vintage and classic tyres, this tyre is one of many new sizes that join the ever increasing line up of tyres offered by us.
New tyres currently under development include a Waymaster 715x115 for the Citroen 5CV, a 560-15 for Volkswagen Beetles and a 640/700R13 Vredestein for Mercedes sports cars.

Recycling Classic Tyres with the Stig..
In the current climate of "recycle and reuse", we are aware of the need to dispose of worn out classic tyres in a responsible way.  Our tyres are always collected and processed by an ethical tyre processing company; many tyres reappear as children's playgrounds, conveyer belts and even new car tyres!

Recently however, we have been able to use old worn tyres in a different way, as part of the new "World of Top Gear" at the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu.  This new exhibition displays many of the cars built and tested to destruction by the team on the popular BBC TV programme. The creators wanted to employ used tyres as part of the display, and our customers can now see their old tyres lined up alongside the "cool wall", the "reasonably priced car" lap times and a full size replica of The Stig!

Vintage Tyres' show season is now well underway.
As usual it started with Retromobile in Paris, which is one of Europe's largest classic car shows, taking place over 10 days at the Porte de Versailles exhibition centre in a habitually cold February. At the same time that Muriel and Dave were in Paris, Andy and Toby were working hard at the Bristol Bike show, and then in March we headed South for another French event in Reims.
The Spring Autojumble at Beaulieu followed tradition by being under torrential downpours for much of the weekend, but despite this, visitor numbers were good and we enjoyed the opportunity to meet some of our customers face to face again.  Many of you will be familiar with Chris's modified Anglia, which is powered by a Lotus twin-cam engine and runs on the newly re-introduced Dunlop SP Aquajet 13" tyres; he was in his element as the organisers chose to celebrate 50 years of the Ford Anglia at this year's show.
We are also keen to support club shows, such as the 2CVGB rally, the National Mini Cooper Day, and this June the Jaguar Enthusiast Club's 25th anniversary weekend meeting in Nottingham.  As the UK distributor for Vredestein Classic Tyres, the control tyre for the JEC racing series, we were pleased to be invited and have the opportunity to meet many of the members whom we usually only get to talk to over the phone.  Later in June, Dave was able to indulge his passion for Hot Rods by attending Drive-in day.
Future events we will be at this year include the Époque'auto in Lyon, National Restoration Show in Stoneleigh, Netley Marsh Eurojumble and the world famous International Beaulieu Autojumble in September.  If you plan to go to any of these, or other shows where we are present please come and say hello; we look forward to meeting you!

Dunlop Racing tyres lead to success for sidecar outfit
We are very happy to have supplied the 450L12 Dunlop Racing tyres to Dominique and Evelyne Bossard, a French Motorcycle side-car racing team.  Their sidecar is based on a Windel chassis with a 930cc Triumph engine.
The team has been very successful winning several championships across Europe. This year, Dominique and Evelyne are competing in the VMA Side-Car Classic race series,  and we wish them luck for their season.
As keen bikers ourselves, we are always keen to help riders enjoy their two or three wheels.  Our range includes everything from 175-19 ribbed tyres for Velosolex, through 350-19 Ensign Trials Universal tyres, to track competition tyres from Dunlop and Avon.  Feel free to contact us to talk about your bike and we will be be pleased to help you!

Latest outing for our Morris Commercial..
With "Maurice" up and running after last year's London to Brighton clutch melting catastrophe, we decided that it was best to test out the new clutch in a local event.  We chose the New Forest International Car Run which took place locally and as always was well attended.
We arrived just after 8am ready for an early start and discovered that we were the 8th oldest vehicle in the event.  After  collecting our plaque and route planner we set off with the sun shining.
The first stop was at the beautiful Testwood Lakes near Totton, but this was where we encountered our first problem; there was a height restriction barrier at the very end of the mile long track.  Everyone in their Austin Sevens, Rovers and Jaguars zoomed straight under without a problem, but short of letting the tyres down we had no way of getting Maurice under!  Luckily though, we got a lift from another entrant in a Bentley for the last half mile. Fully refreshed after the stop we carried on the winding route, visiting places like Burley, Ibsley, and Stoney Cross, to eventually wind up at Sandy Balls Park for lunch and a look at the other cars.
Whilst having lunch we were casually informed that there was a very steep and long hill on the next part of the route at Frogham.  This proved to be the toughest part of the route for Maurice; even in first gear progress was slow, but we eventually made it!  We arrived in Bashley to finish the run in good time and with no real problems, finally making it to the town hall where the organiser laid on cream teas and the prizes were given.
A great day was had by all - well done to "Maurice" who did us proud.

Staff Projects- Chris's Cortina
Being a lifelong Ford addict, I've always wanted an early Cortina, so it came as no surprise to my family when I arrived home with a rather battered 1964 2door.  Like so many 60's fords, this Cortina had been endlessly modified over the years.  My plan was to create a period looking car but bring it up to date mechanically by fitting a 2 litre normally aspirated Cosworth engine.  The first job was to strip it down and carry out any necessary repairs to the body; unfortunately its earlier life as a rally car had taken its toll and it soon became apparent that it was in fact much worse than I had thought.  Luckily I had several friends who shared the necessary skills to help me, so after many months of cleaning, cutting, punching and welding, the car came back from my friend's body shop looking incredible.
I had already carried out the necessary modification to fit the new engine and gearbox before it went away, so the first job was to re-install it; being a Ford everything is interchangeable.  The process began:  up-rated Capri suspension, Austin Princess brakes, Cosworth engine, Escort steering, with a bit of Anglia and Granada thrown in for good measure.  This car is going to have an identity crisis for sure!

Forward this email

Vintage Tyre Supplies Limited, The National Motor Museum, Beaulieu, Hampshire, England. SO42 7ZN

© Vintage Tyres, Beaulieu, Hants SO42 7ZN    Registered in England with Company No. 723112    VAT No. GB226925844