[DeTomaso] Slippery Slope: Shift Linkage U-Joints, Replacements

Erik Anderson eanderson at geotracinternational.com
Fri Jan 30 18:15:18 EST 2009

Hi Chris.

Great message.  I recently pulled my powerplant in order to get at my
fuel cell, which is corroded.  In looking at my shift linkage I noticed
that the rods and joints appear to be in good shape; however, the shift
rod center support needs to be replaced.  Wilkinson sells the
replacement part:

06009A - SHIFT ROD CENTER SUPPORT/FRAME $78.41

Did you replace this part as well?

Thanks in advance,

EA

Ps. if you have any pix of your work, I would like to have to have a
look!